RTI's electric utility experts from design, manufacturing and operations have teamed with engineering and scientific specialists to provide services to the power industry for more than four decades.
- Conducting forensic root cause analyses of major power generation and distribution accidents
- Analyzing equipment failures and performance problems
- Providing improved equipment reliability recommendations
- Assessing the condition of aging equipment for repair/replace options
- Addressing “prudence issues” related to rate-based and regulatory hearings
- Acting as a spokesperson in press conferences, city council meetings, and in courts of law
- Conducting audit and reliability studies for operating utility plants and distribution systems
- Authoring technical books and guidelines for the utility industry
Our consultants specialize in many areas, including: boiler systems, cables, electrical faults, electrocutions, explosion analysis, fire cause analysis, fire modeling, fire protection, generators, materials and mechanical systems, nuclear reactors, substations, toxic substances, transformers, transmission and distribution systems, turbines, protection systems, and visual communications.
From expert engineering analysis to visual presentation, RTI has the people, the experience, the technology, and the vision to manage projects for the utility industry, solve problems, and communicate results effectively.
An innovative leader in technical evaluation services for electric utilities since 1975, RTI’s forensic engineering experts are recognized as experienced problem-solvers. We have developed techniques and analytical methods using the most recent technologies to ensure the highest quality expertise and services at a reasonable cost.
Working with RTI’s visual services division, the Utility team can produce accurate reconstructions of any equipment or engineering issue to make visual presentations more informative. Forensic visuals improve the understanding of what actually happened, and when, during the project.
RTI’s established team of construction experts include architects, contractors, and civil, mechanical, and electrical engineers. Our construction professionals are knowledgeable in their areas of specialization, and capable of analyzing complex aspects of the manmade environment to determine how and why unintended events occur. In addition, our experts have a wealth of experience assisting our clients with scheduling, design adequacy, and delay claims. Often these analyses are aided and enhanced by graphics and animations produced by RTI’s talented Imaging Sciences Group.
+1 866 327 1165
Joint Inspection Laboratory
Power utility Equipment Expertise
- Air Preheaters
- Bearings, Shafts, Couplings
- Boilers - Coal, Oil, Nuclear
- Circuit Breakers
- Cooling Towers
- Distribution Systems
- Feedwater Heaters
- Nuclear Reactors
- Overhead Lines
- Pressure Vessels
- Surge Arresters
- Switchgear, Bus Networks, Controls
- Toxic, Hazardous Materials
- Transmission Lines
- Turbines - Gas, Steam, Hydro
- Underground Lines
- Valves and Metering Devices
Contact Us for more information at +1 866 327 1165