Senior Civil and Structural Engineer
He is a Senior Civil and Structural Engineer with over thirty-six years experience in the construction industry with specialization in construction project management, construction cost estimating, and investigation of civil and structural engineering design, defects, and failures.
He provides consulting on structural engineering issues with regard to building damage, repair, and collapse. He has also investigated numerous cases involving origin, cause, and remediation of water infiltration and damage, including water entrance into building structures and site drainage issues.
He has provided professional construction consulting with regard to construction cost estimating. He is a registered Certified Cost Engineer (C.C.E.) and has been an expert witness on construction claim issues.
• University of Maryland, Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
• Senior Civil and Structural Engineer Consultant – RTI Group LLC, Stevensville, MD, 2017 - present
• President, Private company, Upper Marlboro, MD 1985 – Present.
• Senior Civil Engineer – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Washington, D.C. 1981 – 2014.
• Senior Cost Engineer – Moffitt and Nichols, Baltimore, MD 2014 – 2017.
Professional Associations and Activities:
• Licensed Professional Engineer – MD, VA, DC, PA.
• Certified Cost Engineer with the DoD TriService.
• Past registration as an AVS (Associated Value Specialist) with SAVE International.
• Member of ASPE (American Society of Professional Engineers).
• Member of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers).
• Past Construction Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association.
• Instructor for the Army Corps of Engineers Prospect Training Classes.