Highly qualified fire protection engineer with extensive experience in fire safety and accident investigation. He has participated in multiple studies and prepared classified reports on the effects of thermal radiation from nuclear weapons on military aircraft, military facilities, and civil defense facilities. This expert is well published in the fields of fire science applications, fire safety and standards, explosions, and thermal damage.
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, AB Physical Science, 1956
- University of Minnesota, MS Mechanical Engineering, 1969
- California Community College Teaching Credential, 1971
- State of California, Licensed Professional Engineer – Fire Protection Engineering, 1977
- Senior Fire Scientist – RTI Forensics LLC, Hayward, CA, 2013 – present
- Fire Science Applications, Independent Consultant, Redwood City, CA, 1988 – present
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Engineer and Group Leader, Livermore, CA, 1975 – 1988
- SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute) Menlo Park, CA, 1969 – 1975
- U.S. Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory, Researcher, San Francisco, CA, 1956 – 1969
Professional Associations and Activities
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SPFE), Member of Editorial Board
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Research Section
- Combustion Institute
- International Association of Fire Safety Science (IAFSS)
- ASTM Committee E-5 on Fire Standards; Research Subcommittee
- USA Delegate to ISO TC 92; Fire Safety, SC 4; Fire Safety Engineering, WG 6; Design Fire Scenarios and Design Fires.
- Sub-Contractor to Bectel/Hanford WTF facility.
- Consultant to LLNL, National Ignition Facility (NIF) and Waste Management Facility (WMF)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Sigma-XI, Chapter-at-Large