Senior Civil and Structural Engineer, has over forty-five years experience in the construction industry with specialization in the investigation of construction defects and failures, structural engineering and construction project management. Provides consulting on structural investigations of building collapse, i.e., wood roof trusses, pre-engineered metal buildings and steel roof systems, wood framed buildings, concrete, masonry, and steel framed structures. Also investigates the scope of structural damage due to natural or man-made causes, and scope of fire damages. In addition, this expert investigates mold cause and origin incidences, and design and construction defect and collapses of buildings, bridges and other structures He also is an expert in construction worksite accident investigations.
- Purdue University, Master of Science, Construction Management
- New York University, Doctor of Science, Structural Engineering
- University of Illinois, Master of Science, Civil Engineering,
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
- Senior Civil and Structural Engineer Consultant – RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, 2010 – Present.
- President, consultant group, MD, 2002 – Present.
- Associate, Hudson International – Engineering consultant in project management, investigation of construction defects and structural defects and failures. Projects involved commercial, industrial and residential construction, 1987-1996 and 1998-2002.
- Principal Structural Engineer, FTI Corporation – Activities included project management analysis, the investigation of structural failures and defects, the analysis of construction site accidents and the evaluation of construction claims, 1996-1998.
- Professor of Civil Engineering, Rutgers University, New Jersey – During my 11 year association with the University, I was responsible for teaching and administering courses in construction project management, structural analysis and design, theoretical mechanics and surveying. I served as the Executive Officer, Department of Civil Engineering, 1966-1975 and 1984-1987.
- President, Construction Advisory Group, Inc. – Responsibilities included consulting services in the areas of project administration, claims analysis and scheduling, and the investigation of construction defects and structural failures, 1982-1984.
- Vice President, Zetlin/Oxhandler, Inc. – Responsibilities included contract administration and project management for this design-build firm, 1982-1984.
- Senior Consultant, Hill International, Inc. – Service as a project management consultant primarily involved in the presentation and analysis of construction delay claims as well as the investigation of construction defects and structural failures, 1981-1982.
- Senior Consultant, Wagner-Hohns-Inglis, Inc. – Duties included the analysis and preparation of construction delay claims and the investigation of construction defects and structural failures, 1978-1981.
- Instructor, Purdue University, Indiana – Taught courses in the Civil Engineering Department while pursuing graduate studies in Construction Management, 1977-1978.
- Associate Professor & Civil Engineering Program Chairman, University of Evansville, Indiana – Administered and taught courses in all areas of the Civil Engineering program, 1975-1977.
- Engineer, C.F. Braun and Company – Responsibilities included the design and analysis of structures and foundations for chemical process plants being barge transported to Alaska. The primary design consideration was dynamic loading due to sea conditions, 1975.
- Part-time Consulting – Structural engineering for the Radiation Therapy Building. Vassar Brothers Hospital, Poughkeepsie, NY. Designer of buildings for water and sewage pumping stations, New Jersey. Construction Field Engineer for Township of Morris Plains, NJ. Expert witness cases, 1966-1975.
- Engineer, United Engineers and Constructors – Principal activities included the dynamic analysis of nuclear plant buildings and containment shells to resist earthquake forces, 1974.
- Structural Engineer, Grumman Aerospace Corp. – Assigned to advanced design projects such as structural optimization procedures and dynamic loads on crushable Mars Landers, 1965.
- Structural Test Engineer, Boeing-Vertol, Philadelphia, PA – Testing of substructures and components for helicopters, 1962.
- Structural Engineer, The Martin Company, Baltimore, MD – flight vehicle structural components, 1961-1962.
- Structural Test Engineer, Republic Aviation Corp. – Performed dynamic (vibration and shock) tests of entire aircraft, substructures and mechanical and electrical components. Designed special test fixtures, performed tests and issued findings in report form, 1959-1961.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Licensed Professional Engineer – CA, FL, MD, NJ, NY (inactive), PA, VA
- Life Member and Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Past Chairman of the ASCE Technical Council on Forensic Engineering
- President Eastern Shore Maryland Branch ASCE
- Construction Arbitrator and Mediator
- Member Tau Beta Pi & Chi Epsilon Engineering Honor Societies